9.2 Sending Communications
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for sending student financials communications in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Communications > Communication Generation
Prior to generating a communication, a letter code must first be assigned to the student. See the Create a Communication QRG to complete this step.
- The Communication Generation run control ID search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Run Control ID.
- Select Add.
- The Selection Parameters tab displays.
- Enter ID Selection.
- Enter Letter Code.
The Letter Code selection populates other fields with default values. Typically, these should not be changed.
- Make a selection in No Matching Template Found – typically "Use Default Template".
- Select the Communication Method Usage. For this example, "E-Mail" is selected.
- Select the Process Parameters tab.
- The Process Parameters tab displays.
- Choose the Address, Address Name, Salutation and Extra Name.
- Check Use Preferred Email Address.
- Select an Org Recipient and Contact Name value if the communication has been designed to send to both students and communications.
- Enter the Communication Date Range Selection From Date and To Date.
- Select the Update Communication Generation Date With and the Update Communication Completed Date With to specify the date to record the communication on the student record.
- Select the preferred Sort Option.
- Un-Check the Produce Communication and Complete Communication in the Missing Critical Data section.
- Select the Email Parameters tab.
- The Email Parameters tab displays.
- Enter the From, Subject and Reply to. Leave Sender and Bounce to blank.
- Leave the Importance and Sensitivity values defaulted to normal.
- The Checklist Parameters tab settings should not be changed.
- Select Run. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for further instructions.
- Section complete.
Verifying Communications were assigned and sent
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Communications > Person Communications > Communication Management
- The Communication Management search page displays.
- Enter student ID.
- Select Search.
- The Person Communication tab displays.
- If the Communication Completed checkbox at the bottom of the page is checked, this indicates the email was sent.
- Select the View Generated Communication link to view a .pdf of the communication that was generated.
- The View Communication page displays.
- Select View.
- The communication displays in a new window. Read it.
- Close the new window.
- Process complete.