9.2 Create and Post a Group Data Entry
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to create a group data entry to process multiple transactions for a group of students in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials Staff
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Group Processing > Create Group Data Entries
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a Business Unit.
- Group ID is grayed out and will default to NEXT.
- Select the Add button.
Enter appropriate information on the Group Entry tab.
- Select the Group Type that describes the transactions.
- Select an Origin ID that is the source of the transactions.
- Update the Accounting Date, Received, and Entry Date if the dates should differ from the defaulted current date.
- Enter the Control Total which is the sum and count of all transactions to be posted through this group.
- Select the Group Line Entry tab.
Enter appropriate information on the Group Line Entry tab.
- Enter the ID for the student you are entering a transaction for.
- Enter or select an Account Type for the transaction.
- Enter or select an Item Type for the transaction.
- Enter the Item Amount of the transaction.
- Enter or select the Term for which to post this transaction.
- Enter an optional Reference Number to track the transaction.
- Update Item Effective Date if the date should differ from the defaulted current date.
- Enter the Due Date for charge transactions.
Enter the appropriate information in the Payment Information section of the Group Line Entry tab.
- Enter the Payment ID to reverse a payment.
- For payment transactions, select Payment Detail to enter data for which the payment should apply.
- For payments, select the Pay Method drop down menu. This value will auto-populate for tender specific item types.
- Select the Tender Details link to enter or review specific tender details.
- For payments, financial aid, etc. the Use Excess Account defaults in based on the business unit. This value can be overridden.
- For payments, financial aid, etc. the Charge Priority will default in from the item type. This value can be overridden
- Select the add button [+] to insert a new row to enter additional transactions.
- When all the lines have been entered and the sum and count entered matches the control totals, select the Save button.
Only enter transactions with the same item type classification in a given group data entry e.g. charges, payments, financial aid, etc. Do not use group processing to post refunds or waivers. Entering refunds through group processing does not update the related refund records and refund reversals are not processed correctly. Waivers should only be applied through tuition calculation to ensure they are processed correctly.
Once the group data entry has been completed you must run the Post Group Transactions process to post the transactions to student accounts.