9.2 Award Degree & Degree Honors
Purpose: To award a degree and degree honors in ctcLink.
Audience: Records and Enrollment staff.
Award Degree & Degree Honors
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Program/Plan
- On the Student Program/Plan page, enter a student ID or look up a student by name.
- Select the Search button. If multiple results are returned, select the desired institution or student career number.
- Select the Include History button located at the bottom right of the page.
- The Student Program page displays.
- Verify the data on the Student Program, Student Plan, and Student Sub-Plan tabs. These pages represent the degree being awarded to the student. Refer to local business practices regarding degree evaluation processes.
- Select the [+] plus icon, on the right side of the screen, to insert a new effective dated row.
- The Effective Date.
- Once a row is added, the Effective Date will default to today's date.
- Enter the Effective Date to match the last day of the term.
- The Effective Date should not be any other day than the last day of the term.
- Select "COMP" as the Program Action.
- If the student is term activated to future terms, you will receive a notification that states, "The student is term activated in the following future term(s)."
- The Student Degrees tab displays.
- The Completion Term field is automatically populated based on the Expected Grad Term selected in previous step. This value can be changed as necessary.
- Enter the desired information into the Degree Honors 1 field.
- Select the Update Degrees button to officially post the completion to the student's record.
- A message pagelet displays.
- Select the OK button.
- The page is saved.
- The process to award a degree and degree honors is now complete.
- End of procedure.