9.2 Creating a Job Opening and Entering Job Details
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create job openings in ctcLink.
Audience: Human Resource/Recruiting Specialists, Hiring Managers.
Creating a Job Opening
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator >Recruiting > Create Job Openings
- The Primary Job Opening Page displays.
- Select the Job Opening Type field drop-down menu and select:
- Standard Requisition for job openings with a posting end date;
- Continuous for job openings that your college/agency is always hiring for (i.e. adjunct).
- The Business Unit defaults, per the Users institutional security access, change if necessary.
- Select the Department lookup icon and select the desired department. Department numbers begin with 98 and 99 all other departments are used for accounting purposes and will not list the appropriate positions.
- Select the Position Number lookup icon and select the desired position, or enter the position number if known, if applicable.
Note: Once the Position Number is selected, it will prefill the remaining fields.
Job Openings can be created without a position number; however, the position information will not auto-populate into the Job Data during the Hire Process.
- If no position number was added in previous step, complete the remaining fields.
- Select the Job Code lookup icon and select the desired job code, or enter the Job Code if known.
- Select the Recruiting Location lookup icon and select the desired location.
- Change the Job Posting Title.
- Select the Continue button.
Entering Job Details
- The Job Openings page displays.
- Use this page to enter information about the job opening being created.
- From the Job Details tab, the appropriate Template ID defaults. Do not change.
- Select the Openings to Fill drop-down menu:
- Select the Limited Number of Openings option for Standard job opening types (change the number of Target Openings if needed), or
- Select Unlimited Number of Openings for Continuous job opening types.
- The Establishment ID, Business Unit, and Company fields default to the appropriate values. If fields are blank, leave them blank.
- Department, Status Code, and Status Date default to the appropriate values.
- Select the appropriate Status Reason option.
- Enter the desired start date for the job opening in the Desired Start Date field.
- Encumbrance Date, Projected Fill Date, Date Authorized, and the Referral Program ID fields are not used.
- Select the appropriate Recruitment Contact.
- Select the Add Location button to add additional locations.
- Select the Add Recruiting Locations button to add additional recruiting locations.
- If applicable, enter the Employee ID of the employee being replaced or
- Select the Add Employee button if multiple employees are being replaced.
- In the Additional Job Specification section, the information defaults from the position data. Change if necessary.
- Select the Save as Draft button to continue creating the job opening.
- The process to create a job opening and enter job details is now complete.
- End of procedure.