9.2 Create Bank Account Transfer
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating a bank account transfer to transfer information between bank accounts in ctcLink.
You use Bank Account Transfers to transfer money between banks that are on your organization’s general ledger.
You use EFT Request to transfer funds from your organization’s bank to an external third party.
Audience: Settlement Manager, Cash/Treasury Manager
*(Limited to Colleges with Multiple Bank Accounts) (Colleges with a single account can SKIP this step.)
Create Bank Account Transfer
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Cash Management > Fees and Transfers > Bank Account Transfer
- The Bank Account Transfer search page displays. It defaults to the Find an Existing Value tab. In this example, we'll create a new value.
- Select Add a New Value.
- If it did not’t already default, enter or select the business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Allow Transfer ID to default to 'NEXT', unless you have a compelling reason to do otherwise.
- Use the Transfer Type dropdown menu to select ‘External Transfer’ or ‘Internal Transfer’.
- Select Add.
- The Bank Account Transfer page displays.
- Enter a short description in the Description field. If you use a template, this description will be prefilled for you.
- Create external bank account transfers from a template or on an ad hoc basis:
- Select a Transfer Template ID to automatically populate the external bank account transfer with information, or
- Leave the Transfer Template ID field blank to create an ad hoc bank account transfer.
- In Transfer From Account, select the Bank Code and Bank Account.
- Enter the desired information into the Amount.
- In Transfer To Account, select the Bank Code and Bank Account.
- Verify/Modify Trans Date, Payment Method, and Layout.
- Select Save.
- Note that the system populates the Instructions field automatically after you save.
- Process complete.