9.2 Repurposing a Department to ChartField Definitions
Purpose: Use this document to repurpose a department for college use.
Audience: Finance staff
Repurposing a Department to ChartField Definitions
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design ChartFields > Define Values > ChartField Values.
Caution: Departments must have a start date of 1/1/19 that is inactive, and an active date of 7/1/xx. If the current date is used, various trees and reports may not contain the departments as they will be outside of its criteria’s scope.
If the department was used in prior years but is now being repurposed as a new department, make sure the beginning date is 1/01/1901 and inactivated through the new date.
- The ChartField Values page displays.
- Select the Department link.
- The Department search page displays.
- Enter SetID.
- Enter Department.
- Select Search.
- The Department page displays.
- Select Correct History to see all entries for this department. Select the Add a New Row [+] icon to create a new record for this department.
- When all records are displayed, review the records and decide if you are changing one or adding a new record. In this example we are adding a record for 7/1/19. Change the Effective Date, Status to "Active", the Short Description and Manager if necessary.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.