9.2 Marking a Journal for Posting and Running the Post Process
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to mark a journal for posting, then run the post process in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance and Business Office staff
Marking a Journal for Posting and Running the Post Process
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Mark Journals for Posting
- The Mark Journals for Posting page displays.
- Enter Unit.
- Enter Ledger Group.
- Enter Year.
- Enter Period.
- Enter additional search criteria to identify your journal.
- Select Search.
- The Select Journals to Post section populates.
- Check the Process checkbox for the journal(s) you wish to post.
- Select the Journal ID link to view details about the journal.
- Select Post Selected Journals.
- A confirmation window displays.
- Select OK.
- The confirmation window disappears.
- The Post Journals Request page displays. Use it to specify which journals you want to post based on business unit, ledger group, accounting period/fiscal year, source, journal ID, and journal date. You can run the Journal Post process only for business units associated with your security settings. When you run the posting process, the system posts only those journals that satisfy the request criteria and are marked to post.
- The system populates the Process Request Parameters automatically based on your selections on the Mark Journals for Posting page.
- Select the Skip Open Item Reconciliation option to postpone closing the open items and to skip item reconciliation until after the journal is posted. Selecting this option can save time during journal posting. You can run the Open Item Reconciliation process (GLPPOITM) separately at a later time.
- Select the Skip Summary Ledger Update option to postpone updating the summary ledger balances. You can run the Summary Ledger (GL_SUML ) Application Engine process at a later time. Selecting this option can save time during journal posting.
- Select the Skip Essbase Incremental Load option to postpone updating the Essbase cube with data. You can run the Essbase Load (GL_ESS_LOAD) Application Engine process using incremental load at a later time. Selecting this option can save time during journal posting.
- Select Run. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for further instructions.
- Next, navigate to the Review Journal Status inquiry to view the status of the journal and verify that it posted:
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Review Journal Status
- The Review Journal Status search page displays.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter Journal ID.
- Select Search.
- The Review Journal Status - Journal Header tab displays. Use it to verify header details of a journal and check its posting status.
- Note that the Status = "Posted".
- Process complete.