Okta - Account (Password) Recovery Options Update (Effective Until Oct. 1, 2021)
Purpose: Use this document to understand the various account (password) recovery options available through your ctcLink account and how to update them.
Audience: College Faculty, Staff and Students
If you experience any issues with sign on credentials, user names, passwords or student ID numbers, please contact your college Help Desk and/or college Advisor.
Note: Ensure that pop-up blockers are disabled in your browser.
Log in to Update Your Account
There may be times when you wish to update the recovery options aligned to your ctcLink account.
- Navigate to the myaccount Sign In page (https://myaccount.ctclink.us).
- Enter your ctcLink ID into the ctcLink ID field then select the Next button.
- Enter your password into the Password field, then select the Verify button.
- Once the Account Portal page displays, select the Password Settings application icon.
- Select the green Edit Profile button in the upper right of the page.
- The Please verify your password pop up notification displays. Enter your password into the Password field and select the Verify button.
- Next, you will be prompted for additional verification.
- Select any verification method that was set up during your account creation.
- To select a different method, use the dropdown menu arrow to the right of the center icon toward the top center of the window.
- Select the particular authentication factor you wish the system to use to send your unique code.
*Note - If Email is selected as the authentication factor type, the Reset/Unlock recovery email sent is valid for 1 hour.
- Enter the appropriate information requested on the page.
- For this example, a text code was sent to the phone number provided.
- Select the Send code button.
- Once you receive the text code, enter it into the Enter Code field and select the Verify button.
- The Account page displays again with Edit options available for each account section.
For help troubleshooting issues regarding your account (password) recovery options, please contact your college help desk.
- Update personal information by selecting the Edit button in the top right corner of the Personal Information box.
- Update your personal account (password) recovery information on the Personal Information page. This includes first and last name, primary email, add a secondary email and mobile phone number.
Updating your personal account (password) recovery information does not change or update your personal information within ctcLink.
- Once new information has been entered, select the Save button in the bottom right corner to ensure updated personal information is saved.
- Update the display language by selecting the Edit button in the top right corner of the Display Language box.
- Once the new display language has been chosen, select the green Save button to ensure updated display language is saved.
- Change your password by entering information into the fields for:
- Current password
- New password
- Confirm new password
- Select the Change Password button in the bottom right of the box.
- A notification that your password has been changed will display. A notification will also be sent to your primary email address.
- To delete the phone number used to receive text messages for forgotten passwords, select the Delete button in the bottom right corner of the Forgot Password Text Message box.
- To update the phone number used to receive text messages for forgotten passwords, select the Edit button.
- Enter the new phone number you wish to use to receive codes via text message, then select the Send Code button to verify that it works.
- To delete the phone number used to receive voice calls for forgotten passwords, select the Delete button in the bottom right corner of the Forgot Password Voice Call box.
- To update the phone number used to receive voice calls for forgotten passwords, select the Edit button.
- Enter the phone number (and extension if applicable) you wish to use to receive a code via phone call, then select the Call button to verify that it works.
- Extra verification increases your account security when signing in to Okta and other applications you use. If you would like to remove or edit a particular type of authentication type, select the Remove button to the right.
- A pop up notification displays asking if you are sure you want to remove the authentication type. Select the green Yes button to remove the authentication type from the extra verification options.
- Once authentication type has been removed, it can be set up again with your new preference by selecting the Set up button.