FF.002.3 Collect Grant/Project Expenditures - VC01
User Acceptance Test Overview
Collect Grant/Project Expenditures is the process that takes place in the Project Costing module. Actual expense might need to be tracked and billed depending on the terms in conditions identified in the contract.
**Important Tip** In order to show the true business process please share the Project ID number(s) and Activity ID(s) to your colleagues who are testing the Purchasing and Travel modules; so they can create transactions that you can later invoice.
To use this UAT guide first review the business process flow diagram below, which outlines the various steps to complete the test activities. Note that the business process flow diagram has distinct places where one can start testing this process, noted by a green 'Start' circle. Use the diagram, following the arrows to each step that must be executed. Use the Quick Reference Guide (QRGs) links, also below, to find the instructions on how to execute each step. The Quick Reference Guides are numbered to match each box on the flow diagram to assistant testers with following the flow of the business process. Once testing is complete for each box on the flow diagram, click the link in the Next Step (Tier 2) in the High Level UAT Framework section to access the next UAT Guide.
Business Process Flow Diagram
Self-Paced Training Materials (Advanced Prep)
To prepare yourself in advance for the richest testing experience below are additional resources and (where applicable) links to relevant video content.
- No additional Resources for this topic (in progress)
- Grants Overview Video (Same video referenced in FF.002.1 step)
Instructor-Led Training Materials and Recordings
Links to Quick Reference Guides - Steps in the Test Process
Minimum Test Case (Data) Scenarios:
Process As Incurred Billing
- Process Billing for "As Incurred" or Reimbursable Contracts
Process Other Billing (Fixed Price Contract)
- Process Billing for "Other" or Fixed Price Contracts
Recommended Error Test Conditions:
Process As Incurred Billing:
Error Condition: If the date of the invoice has no billable lines then a worksheet will not be produced.
- Expected Behavior: No invoice will be produced.
Error Condition: If all of the billable lines in the designated parameter are already on an invoice, no invoice will be produces as not to bill twice.
- Expected Behavior: Interface ID will produce an error
Error Condition: If a billable line is on an Interface ID then you can not create another Interface ID with the same billable lines.
- Expected Behavior: An Interface ID will not be created, you will receive a warning message.
- Error Condition: If the date of the invoice has no billable lines then a worksheet will not be produced.
Process Billing for "Other" or Fixed Price Contracts:
Error Conditions: If the event date is not designated in the Contract then an invoice will not be produced
- Expected Behavior: A warning message will occur, with no results produced.
- Error Conditions: If the event date is not designated in the Contract then an invoice will not be produced
Previous Step (Tier 2) in the High Level UAT Framework:
Next Step (Tier 2) in the High Level UAT Framework:
Links to User Acceptance Test 'How To' Information:
Security Matrix Mapping Information
The information below provides those completing the Security Matrix Mapping templates with the Menus, Pages and Role names needed to execute the User Acceptance Testing relevant to this UAT guide.
FF.002.3 Collect Grant/Project Expenditures
ROLE NAME: xxx