9.2 NSLDS FA History Request
Purpose: Use this document as a reference on how to process a NSLDS FA History request using ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff.
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is a centralized source for a student's federal aid history. Schools can request NSLDS data and incorporate key elements into the awarding and packaging routines. NSLDS data is sent to schools on the ISIR, on a financial aid history request, or based on a transfer- monitoring request. You can view NSLDS data loaded using the NSLDS Inquiry components, designed to match the NSLDS file structure.
NSLDS FA History Request
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Financial Aid > File Management > NSLDS > Process NSLDS Request
On the Process NSLDS request search page:
- Enter existing or create the Run Control ID.
- Select the Search or Add button. The NSLDS Request page will display.
- ON the NSLDS Request page, create the financial history request.
- Complete the following fields in the Parameters section:
- Aid Year
- School Code
- Branch Code
- File Path
- Under Population selection:
- Verify the Population Selection checkbox is checked.
- Choose PS Query from the Selection Tool drop-down menu
- Query Name: CTC_FA_SB_NSLDS_SUSP_FAH_REQ (Note: Can be used to pull in FA History on students with suspended ISIR’s).
- Select Edit Prompts and enter the following on the Query Prompts page:
- Aid Year
- Select the OK button to close the window and return to the NSLDS Request page.
- Under Request Type choose the ‘Financial Aid History only’ radio button.
- Select Preview Selection Results.
- Select the Run button. This creates the Process Instance number. Make note of this for reference for the Process List page.
- Select the Process Monitor link. This opens the Process List page.
- Select the Refresh button until the process runs to Success and Posted.
- The next section demonstrates the validation process to verify the file was created.
Navigate to the path location and verify the file was created.
- Verify that the details in the Message Log file states that the NSLDS Request file <file path name used above> TRNINFIN.## successfully created.
- Sample message: NSLDS Request file /u01/app/psrepo/Interface/CSTRANSFER/WA171/NSLDS2016/ TRNINFIN.02 successfully created.
- Note the TRNINFIN.xx file created to use during the Upload/Download process.
When the TRNINFIN file is created it always creates the file in sequential order for the day. (Example: Trans Monitor TRININFIN1 and FA History TRNINFIN2)
That means that the TRNINFIN file is being overwritten on the server each time the file is generated, so you will not see more than one file on the server for a single institution unless they generated more than one file in a single day.
You have successfully processed a NSLDS FA History request.
End of procedure.