9.2 Update Aggregates with NSLDS
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to update aggregate tables with incoming data using ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff.
Use the Aggregate Aid Data page to ensure that a student does not exceed annual and lifetime limits for certain award programs.
This page displays the student's aggregate data and also allows you to enter external aid received and update lifetime total amounts for each aggregate area, cumulated by aid year.
The page is updated by internal awarding and packaging processes as well as your manual entries. Be sure to enter all external aid for the corresponding aid year to ensure that proper annual limits are evaluated during the awarding and packaging process. This is especially important for a student who is a mid-year transfer student and has received aid from another institution. All current year aid must be assessed to determine eligibility of remaining annual level limits. This is required regardless of how Aggregate Source is set for the student. This page also displays the corresponding NSLDS aggregate total for possible use during the awarding and packaging process.
Update Aggregates with NSLDS
Security Access to Update Aggregates with NSLDS is available with the role: ZZ FA NSLDS Prcs
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Financial Aid > File Management > NSLDS > Update Aggregates with NSLDS
This will take the user to the NSLDS Data Push search page.
- Enter a new or use existing Run Control ID.
- Select Add if new, or Search if existing. the NSLDS Data Push page will display.
- On the NSLDS Data Push page, in the Parameters section,
- enter the Institution
- and Aid Year -- in this example, 2016 is used. Note that the value being entered should be the aid year to be processed.
- In the Report Parameters section,
- Select the “Update NSLDS Data” radio button.
- Select the Preserve Override checkbox (See Note below).
- In the Population Selection section,
- Population Selection checkbox is selected.
- Selection Tool drop-down menu choice = PS Query
- Query Name = CTC_FA_SB_PS_NSLDS_WEEKLY_PUSH
- Select the Edit Prompts link. The Query Prompts screen will display.
- Enter Institution and
- Aid Year -- in this example, 2016 is used.
- Select the OK button. This returns to the NSLDS Data Push page.
- Select Preview Selection to review students.
- Select Run or Save to add to a JobSet.
Preserve Override Check box: Update does not take place if the NSLDS Total amount has been overridden at the student level.
- If selecting Run, the Process Scheduler Request will display.
- Verify the Type and Format.
- Select the OK button. The NSLDS Data Push page will display.
- Make a note of the Process Instance number.
- Select the Process Monitor link. The Process List tab will display.
- On the Process List tab, select Refresh button until the process runs to Success and Posted.
- Select the Details link to look up the Instance number generated in previous step.
- Select the Message Log link.
- Verify that rows were updated.
- You have successfully updated aggregate tables using ctcLink.
- End of procedure.