9.2 Cancel An Invoice
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to cancel a bill in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials Staff
Navigation: Student Financials > Bill Customers > Cancel Invoice
- Search for an existing Run Control ID or select the Add a New Value tab and create a new one. Once you have saved a Run Control ID for a given process it will be available for future use.
- Select Add or Search.
- Enter or select a Business Unit and Run Option.
- If you select the Run Option of "Invoice ID", the ID, External Org ID, and Invoice Number fields become available to locate the invoice to cancel. For this example, a student invoice is selected.
- Enter the student ID.
- Click the lookup icon and select the Invoice from the search results.
- SBCTC recommends selecting "Log All Activity" in the Bill Cancellation Log Option field to view all of the process results.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Run button.
- Select the OK button on the Process Scheduler Request page.
- Select the Process Monitor link to verify the Run Status is "Success" and the Distribution Status is "Posted".
View Cancellation Results
Navigation: Student Financials > Bill Customers > Review Invoice Cancellation
- Enter a Business Unit and select the Search button.
- Select the most recent report (highest number).
- Review the results.