HH.001.3 Manage Job Openings & Applicants (TAM)
User Acceptance Test Overview
The information below is intended to provide colleges guidance on performing a User Acceptance Test on the Hire to Payroll business process. The User Acceptance Test started with HH.001.1- Create a Job Opening in the Talent Acquisition Management (TAM) module and runs through this step HH.001.3 - Manage Job Openings and Applicants (in TAM). Colleges not choosing to adopt TAM may skip this step in the User Acceptance Test and move to the next "start" point indicated on the high level flow diagram, HH.001.4 - Hire a New Employee. The 'Manage Job Openings and Applicants' business process shown in the flow diagrams below is only part of what is needed to complete an end-to-end test of a full business cycle. Coordination with other colleagues, such as those who manage benefit enrollment or process leave at your college in advance of commencing testing is key to success. In the same way that it doesn't take a single individual to operate the business of running a college it will require coordination across departments to successfully test a business flow from beginning to end.
The HH.001 - Hire to Payroll test is considered complete when the job information, related time, leave and benefits are entered for the population of employees used in executing the test. The end result is employee data that will be ready and available for a payroll test. Actual execution of the payroll test is performed in a separate UAT HF.002 - Payroll to FIN (GL/AP).
Business Process Flow Diagram
Self-Paced Training Materials (Advanced Prep)
To prepare yourself in advance for the richest testing experience below are required Canvas Courses. Successful course completion is a prerequisite to participate in all UAT activities.
- TM100 Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM)
To register for these required courses visit the ctcLink Training Registration Page.
Instructor-Led Training Materials and Recordings
Instructor-Led Training Materials
- Create Job Openings and Manage Applicants PowerPoint Presentation (Same PowerPoint referenced in HH.001.1 step)
Training Session Recordings
- Manage Job Openings & Applicants Training Recording (2:24:07) (Same recording referenced in HH.001.1 step)
Links to Quick Reference Guides - Steps in the Test Process
Minimum Test Case (Data) Scenarios:
Scenarios for HH.001.3.1 - Review Candidate Applications
- Search for Job Openings as a Recruiter
- Search for Job Openings as the Hiring Manager specified on the Job Opening
- Search for Job Openings as an Interested Party specified on the Job Opening
- Review candidate applications
- Review candidate resumes
- Print application
- Send correspondence to an applicant
Scenarios for HH.001.3.2 - Screen Applicants
- Run screening on the candidate population
Scenarios for HH.001.3.3 - Route Applicants
- Route applicants to one or many people
- Reject Applicant
Scenario for HH.001.3.4 - Schedule Interviews
- Schedule an intervew
Scenario for HH.001.3.5 - Prepare Job Offers
- Prepare a Job Offer to Post Online
Scenario for HH.001.3.6 - Approve Job Offers
- Approve a Job Offer
Scenarios for HH.001.3.3 - Hire Applicant
- Prepare for Hire
Recommended Error Test Conditions:
HH.001.3.1 - Review Candidate Applications
Error Condition: Move a candidate straight to Prepare for Hire from Applied.
- Expected Behavior: User is unable to see the option Prepare for Hire directly from the actions menu when the candidate is in an 'Applied' state.
HH.001.3.2 - Screen Applicants
Error Condition: Add screening questions after screening has been run and results set.
- Expected Behavior: User is notified via error handling that the screening process has initiated and that questions may not be added. In addition, the screening process would need to be restarted.
HH.001.3.3 - Route Applicants
Error Condition: Reject applicants without adding a reason.
- Expected Behavior: User is unable to reject applicants without a reason as the reason is required and the error handling indicates this to the user.
HH.001.3.4 - Schedule Interviews
Error Condition: Schedule an interview without adding the interview team.
- Expected Behavior: User is unable to save/schedule the interview without interviewers and the error handling indicates as such.
HH.001.3.5 - Prepare Job Offers
Error Condition: Add the Job Offer salary range outside of that set by the salary grade.
- Expected Behavior: User receives the notification indicating that the offer is outside of the set/expected salary range.
Previous Step in the High Level UAT Framework:
Next Step in the High Level UAT Framework:
Links to User Acceptance Test 'How To' Information:
Security Matrix Mapping Information
Security Roles Necessary for Testing
The information below provides those completing the Security Matrix Mapping templates with the Menus, Pages and Role Names needed to execute the User Acceptance Testing relevant to this UAT guide.
HH.001.3.1 - Review Candidate Applications:
MENU: Recruiting Homepage > My Applicants Tile > Application Icon > Manage Application
ROLENAME: ZZ Hiring Manager (Manager)
HH.001.3.2 - Screen Applicants,
HH.001.3.3 - Route Applicants,
HH.001.3.4 - Schedule Interviews,
HH.001.3.5 - Prepare Job Offers,
HH.001.3.7 - Update Job Offer Status,
HH.001.3.8 - Hire Applicant:
MENU: Recruiting > Search Job Openings
ROLENAME: ZZ Hiring Manager (The Manager associated with the Job Opening)
ROLENAME: ZZ Recruiter (The Recruiter who sees all job openings)
ROLENAME: ZZ Interested Party (An Interested Party associated with the Job Opening)
HH.001.3.6 - Approve Job Offers:
MENU: Recruiting Homepage > Approvals Tile> Pending Approvals
ROLENAME: ZZ Hiring Manager (Manager)
ROLENAME: ZZ Recruiter