9.2 Closing a PO Voucher
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for closing a Purchase Order voucher in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Voucher Processing
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Close vouchers when you want the remaining liability to be written off from the supplier balance and the voucher to be considered complete. For example, say you have items in dispute and you and the supplier have agreed that you will not make a payment on these items. Close the voucher to credit the expense accounts and debit the liability accounts for the portion of the voucher that remains unpaid.
To close a voucher, the voucher must be:
- Not selected for payment
- Not fully paid
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Close Voucher
- The Voucher Close search page displays.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter additional Search Criteria to identify your voucher.
- Select Search.
- The Close Voucher tab displays.
- Check the Mark Voucher for Closure checkbox. This indicates that this voucher is to be closed with the next posting run for this business unit.
- A message box will display; choose Yes. This will restore the encumbrance and re-open the PO.
For PO related voucher closures, please make sure to select "Yes" to restore encumbrance and reopen the PO (unmatched) in order to get the PO line to be available for further invoicing.
- Another window will appear to restore the encumbrance; select the PO then select OK.
- Enter the Manual Close Date (make sure it's in an open month).
- Add additional details in the Comments section.
- Select Save.
- After marking the voucher for closure, you must run Voucher Posting to create the accounting entries to relieve the liability.
- Process complete.