9.2 Comments - Updating Comments for a Person
Purpose: Use this document as reference for how to update comments for a person in ctcLink.
Audience: Communication builders.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC 3Cs User
- ZD CC 3Cs User
- ZZ CC 3Cs User
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Comments can be assigned to an individual student or in a batch process using the 3Cs engine. Based on the Comment Category set-up, comments may either be edited or appended.
Appends (updates) added to comments are not tracked. If it's important to your team to know who is appending comments, develop an internal business process that has staff indicate who is appending a comment. One common method is to simply add your name at the end of the update you're making to the comment.
Comments can also be set to allow no changes and in these cases the comment would have no options available to update. Comments can be assigned manually or in batch using the 3C Engine. The 3C Engine does not check for duplicate comments. So, you either need to use a query that includes duplicate checking criteria, use a combination of population selection query and schedule to prevent duplicate comments from being assigned, or just not include comments in 3C Engine processes that also assign duplicate-checked items like checklists and communications.
If you are assigning your 3C items in batch, test you configuration in PCD before trying it in Production! It is very easy to over-assign 3C items if you are not careful. This is especially true for 3C Comments as the 3C Engine does not check for duplicate comment assignment.
- Thorough PCD testing will include running the 3C Engine process multiple times (and changing student records in between runs) to see how the 3C Engine will assign your 3C item to students.
- A successful test does not mean that your process ran to Success (it will almost always do this!); a successful test means that you've thoroughly reviewed how the 3C Engine assigned your 3C items to students and that you've confirmed that the 3C items are being assigned to the correct students and that they are not being over-assigned.
Updating Comments for a Person
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Comments > Comments-Person > Person Comment Entry
- The Person Comment Entry search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Select Search.
Editing a Comment
- A comment that is editable DOES allow you to change the comment that was previously entered without any history. In this case the Append Comments box would be grayed out.
- You can simply edit the previous comment, then Save the changes.
Appending a Comment
- A comment that is appendable DOES NOT allow you to change the comment that was previously entered.
- You must add details in the Append Comments box, then Save the changes.
After it has been saved, the appended comment appears at the end of the original comment. There is not an automated date/user stamp on appended comments, and therefore it is a best practice to input a date and user ID/name for the appended information as shown below.
- Process complete.
Add your comment