9.2 Creating an Elective Grade Basis
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create an Elective Grade Basis in ctcLink.
Audience: Registration staff.
Use an Elective Grade Basis to allow students to select a mode of grading for a particular class. Example - allow student to select Pass/Fail.
Elective Grade Basis
Access to the page used in this QRG is limited and is assigned by the local ctcLink security administrator.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Academic Structure > Grading Scheme Table
- The Grading Scheme Table search page displays.
- Enter SetID.
- Enter Grading Scheme.
- Select Search.
- The Grading Scheme Table page displays.
- In the uppermost section of the page, select the Add a New Row [+] button to add a new effective-dated row to the Grading Scheme.
- Set the Effective Date of the new row to the first day of the term for which the Elective Grade Basis is a valid option.
- In the Grade Basis section, select the Add a New Row [+] button to add a new row.
- Complete the Grade Basis section.
- Grade Basis: select "OPT" (Student Option).
- Formal Description: enter the desired description (50 char. max).
- Check the Elective Grade Basis box after selecting "OPT" Student Option as the Grade Basis.
- Complete the Grading Basis Choice section.
- Grading Basis Choice: use the magnifying glass to select the applicable grading bases.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] button to add additional grading bases.
- Select Save.
- Back in the Grade Basis section, select a Grade Basis Choice Default that the system will use as the default value during enrollment.
- Select Save.
- To assign this Grade Basis to a class, refer to the Adjusting the Grade Basis of an Individual Class QRG.
- Process complete.