9.2 Defining an Academic Statistics Period
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for defining an academic statistics period in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SR Super User
- ZZ SR NSC Reporting
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
An academic statistics period defines the valid academic career and term combinations that the Consolidate Academic Statistics process uses to collect various academic statistics for students. An academic statistics period also defines the academic level and load rules and the statistics period type that the process uses.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Enrollment Reporting > Consolidated Statistics > Define Statistics Period
- The Define Statistics Period search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Academic Statistics Period.
- Select Add.
- The Academic Statistics Period page displays.
- Enter Description.
- Enter Short Description.
- Select Statistics Period Type.
- Select Academic Load Rule:
- "Term Load Rule Applies": uses the defined academic load rules from the Academic Level Table page to calculate a student's academic load, NSC academic load, and financial aid load.
- "Contiguous Terms": uses the defined contiguous-term academic load rules from the Statistics Period Load page to calculate a student's academic load, NSC academic load, and financial aid load.
Enter Consolidation Trigger:
- "As of Date": base the snapshot date on the date in the As of Date field.
- "As of Today": base the snapshot date on the current date.
- "Consolidation Date": base the consolidation date on the date in the As of Date field.
- Enter As of Date for the Consolidated trigger.
- You generally want within term defined.
- Th system is looking for rules and student enrollment as of this date.
- The date entered will always capture the term that includes that date.
- If it's your end of term consolidated stats report, you will want the date to match the ending date entered on your term/session table.
- Select Aid Year to identify the specified Financial Aid Year for the process (optional).
- Select Save.
- Process complete.