9.2 Edit Asset Operational Information
Purpose: Use this document to change details of an asset within ctcLink.
Audience: Asset Managers.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Asset Entry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This Quick Reference Guide (QRG) will show an example of how to change the Custodial Department ID, but it can be used to change other details of an asset such as Manufacture ID, serial number, description, etc.
Edit Asset Operational Information.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Owned Assets > Define Asset Operational Info
- The Define Asset Operational Info search page displays.
- Enter the Business Unit.
- Enter the Asset Identification and/or Tag Number.
- Select the Search button.
- The Define Asset Operational Info page displays.
- From the Asset Information tab, scroll down the page to the Custodian Information section and locate the Department field.
- Change Department field as needed.
- Select the Save button.
- Note: if you get a "Role Financial Asset Manager has no members" error, the role of Financial Asset Manager must be added to your roles by your college IT area before you can continue.
- You have now updated the Custodian Information to a new Department ID.
- End of procedure.