9.2 Retiring Assets as a Trade-In
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for retiring an asset that has been traded for another consideration in ctcLink.
Audience: Assets staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Asset Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Retiring Assets as a Trade-In
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Asset Disposal > Retire/Reinstate Asset
- On the Asset Retirements search page, enter Business Unit.
- Enter additional Search Criteria to identify your asset.
- Select Search. The Retire Assets tab will display.
- Use the Retire Assets tab to retire or reinstate an asset.
- Select Retire As = "Traded In for another Asset".
- Select Go. The Retire Assets tab will be updated.
- The updated Retire Assets tab displays.
- The Disposal Code field displays the retirement type that you selected. The application calculates gain or loss amounts based on the disposal code.
- Enter the amount of the proceeds for the transaction in the Proceeds field.
- Select Trans Code = "Trade In".
- Select Save.
- Process complete.