9.2 Reinstating Assets
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for reinstating assets in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Asset Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Occasionally, a retired asset needs to be reinstated. ctcLink Asset Management enables you to reinstate retired assets. Asset Management will then update the appropriate depreciation tables with the newly reinstated asset information.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Asset Disposal > Retire/Reinstate Asset
- The Asset Retirements search page displays. Use it to enter search criteria for the asset:
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter the asset information in the Asset Identification field.
- Enter any other information that you have and then select Search.
- The Retire Assets page displays. Because this asset was already retired, the Reinstate button is active.
- Select Reinstate.
- The updated Retire Assets page displays.
- Select Save.
Note: The system updated the asset status or tag to ‘In Service.’
- Process complete.