9.2 Building Summary Ledgers
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for building summary ledgers in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ General Ledger Build
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
After completing ledger entries, you can build summary ledger balances according to the definition of the summary ledger and the requested parameters.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > General Ledger > Summary Ledgers > Build Summary Ledger
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or select the Add a New Value tab on the Build Summary Ledger page to add a new value.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the summary ledger in the Run Control ID field.
- Select Add.
- The Build Summary Ledger Request page displays. Use it to define options, such as the fiscal year, period type, and effective date for processing summary ledger balances.
- Enter a brief description of the summary ledger(s) in the Description field.
- Select the Always radio button for the processing frequency.
- Use the From Ledger field to select or enter the beginning summary ledger of the range of ledgers that you want to process.
- Use the To Ledger field to select or enter the ending summary ledger in the range of ledgers that you want to process.
- Enter the appropriate fiscal year into the Fiscal Year field.
- Choose one of the following three options for the accounting period type:
- Balance Forward option after each annual close to prepare for the next year's processing.
- Year-End Adjustment option to summarize year-end adjustments.
- Period option to supply the range of periods that you want to summarize.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Use it to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
- Select OK.
- The Build Summary Ledger Request page displays. A Process Instance number is now assigned. Select the Process Monitor link.
- The Process List page displays. Use it to view the status of the submitted process requests.
- After the Run Status = ‘Success’ and Distribution Status = "Posted", select the Go back to Build Summary Ledger link.
- The Build Summary Ledger Request page displays. Select Report Manager.
- The Report Manager page displays. Select the Administration tab.
- The Administration tab displays. Select the report Description link to access the Build Summary Ledger report detail log.
- Select the Build Summary Ledger Report file name to launch the report results.
- Verify that the Summary Ledger(s) were processed.
- Process complete.