9.2 Establishing an Award Budget
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for establishing an award budget in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance/Grant Fiscal Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Awards Processing
- ZZ Awards Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Grants > Awards > Project Budgets
Managing an Award Budget
- Use the Find an Existing Value tab of the Project Budgets page to search for a Project Budget:
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the project number in the Project field.
- Enter or select the budget period in the Budget Period field.
- Use the Budget Type drop-down to select the ‘Cost Budget’ option.
- Select Search.
Note: The project number is located on the Award Profile Associated Project page.
- Use General tab of the Budget Detail page to enter the award ChartField account information:
- Enter or select the appropriate operating unit in the Operating Unit field for each budget line.
- Enter or select the appropriate fund in the Fund Code field for each budget line.
- Enter or select the appropriate class in the Class Field for each budget line.
- Enter or select the appropriate state purpose in the State Purpose field for each budget line.
- If the project activity has not been assigned, enter or select the project activity in the Activity field for each budget line.
- Select the Project Detail tab.
NOTE: Only the following Fund Accounts can be used within the Grants/Project Costing Modules: 057, 060, 145, 147, 253, and 357.
- Use Project Detail tab of the Budget Detail page to specify the values for the project-related fields for the Grants budget rows that are displayed.
- When finished reviewing, select the General Ledger Detail tab.
- Use the General Ledger Detail tab of the Budget Detail page to specify the General Ledger ChartField values for the Grants budget rows that are displayed. When the system creates budget journals, it books the budget row amounts to the specified ChartFields.
- Select Save.
- Select Finalize. The system finalizes the plan by picking up the rows only for a budget period and not the entire plan, as in Project Costing.
- A message box stating that the Budget Finalization has been processed will display. Select OK .
- Select the Process Monitor link.
- On the Process Monitor page, use the Process List tab to view the status of submitted process requests.
Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’
- Process complete.
Add your comment