9.2 Processing a Suspended Application (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to process a suspended application in ctcLinkFluid, using the Admissions Processing section of the CS Staff Homepage.
Audience: Student Services staff.
Processing a Suspended Application
Navigation: ctcLink CS Staff Homepage > Admissions Processing Tile
- The Admissions Processing page displays.
- Select the Processing Applications menu on the left.
- The Processing Applications menu expands.
- Select the Application Transactions sub-menu.
- The Application Transactions page displays.
- Enter the Academic Institution.
- Select Constituent Status = "Suspended".
- Select Search.
- Search Results display.
- Select a Suspended Application to review.
- The Application Data tab displays.
- Select the Constituent Staging link.
- The Constituent Staging summary page displays.
- Select the Search/Match Results link.
- A new browser tab will open showing the Integrated Search Results page.
- Select Detail for the matching student.
- A new browser tab will open on the Add/Update a Person page for the matching student.
- Keep this tab open.
- Return to the original Constituent Details browser tab and select the Constituent Details tab.
- Compare the data between the two browser tabs:
- Constituent Information details for the Applicant with the Person Information for the matching existing student.
- If the data matches, go to the Constituent Details browser window and change the Constituent Status to Update ID.
- An ID box will display the ID.
- Verify the ID for the matching Person is valid.
- Select Run Search/Match/Post.
- The grayed out Post Transaction button will display.
- If the data from Step 11 does not match all the criteria conflicting information, you have the option to select Ignore or Cancelled. The suspended application will not appear in the suspense query results (QCS_RA_APPLICATION_STAGING). There will be occasions when you leave the application in suspense until you reach out to the student. For example, suppose you notice the student's information matches all criteria except for the SSN. You do not want to select Update ID and Run Search/Match Post until you have confirmed, with the student, the correct SSN.
- If the data from Step 11 does not match, go to the Constituent Details browser window and change the Constituent Status to Add a New ID. If you do not thoroughly compare the constituent details of the student with the information on the Add/Update a Person page, you will create a duplicate student ID.
- Select Search/Match/Post and the grayed out Post Transaction button will display.
- To validate that the application was processed, go to the Application Maintenance page and verify the new application.
- Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Student Admissions >Application Maintenance >Maintain Applications
- Process complete.