9.2 Establish a Student/Parent Relationship for PLUS Loans
Purpose: Use this document as a reference on how to create a relationship between a student record and a parent record for PLUS loan processing using ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff.
Establish a Student/Parent Relationship
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Personal Information > Biographical > Relationships
- The Relationships search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter ID that belongs to the student (not the parent).
- Select Add button.
- The Relationships page displays.
- Enter the Effective Date, which is usually the current date.
- Select the Active list item on the Status row.
- Enter the Related ID, which is the parent’s ID (not the student's) - Bio/demo information for the parent should then auto-populate in the fields below (ex: Name, Marital Status, National ID, etc).
- Select the appropriate Relationship value from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Guardian value from the drop-down menu; i.e., parent.
- Select the Relationship Address tab.
- The Relationship Address tab displays.
- Verify mailing address under the Related ID (or Name) section.
- Verify the email address is populated for the parent under the Related ID (or Name) section.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to establish a student/parent relationship is now complete. The parent record can now be added to the student's PLUS loan record.
- End of procedure.