Adding Facility IDs
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for adding Facility IDs in ctcLink.
Audience: Course schedulers and room schedulers
Adding Facility IDs
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Facilities > Facility Table
Use Facility IDs to identify classroom spaces, both on and off-campus, utilized in class and event scheduling. Facility IDs incorporate previously determined Building codes as part of the Facility ID Code.
- On the Facility Table search page, select the Add a New Value tab and enter a Facility ID Code. The first five (5) characters must be identical to the building code. The remaining 1-5 characters should reflect the room number or designation.
- Select the Add button.
- On the Facility Table page, the Effective Date defaults to today’s date and can be overwritten. The Status defaults to Active. Facilities no longer being used can be changed to Inactive Status.
- The Description and Short Description are required fields on this page and must be filled in.
- Also select the Building from the look-up table using the magnifying glass
- Enter the Room number or name you have selected. Capacity should be filled out for room scheduling purposes.
- Choose a Location Code from the look-up tables using the magnifying glass
- Use the arrow to choose the Facility Type from the drop-down list.
- Partition is an optional field used in room scheduling to indicate the section of the campus where the facility is located
- Academic Organization is only selected when reserving this facility for the sole use of that Academic Organization. This feature is used in conjunction with Schedule 25 room scheduling and is not used as part of the PeopleSoft internal facility search and assignment feature.
- Check the General Assignment box to allow the location to be assigned to general classes in room scheduling. When you select this check box, the Academic Organization field becomes unavailable.
- Select the Check for Facility Conflict box to only allow one class to be scheduled for this facility at any given period of time. If you want to schedule more than one class at the same time in this facility, do not select this check box.
- Select the Save button.