9.2 Entering Eye Exam Information
Purpose: Use this document to enter eye exam information for an individual in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Services Staff.
Enter Eye Information
Navigation: Campus Solutions Administrator > Right NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Personal Information > Health Information > Health Exams > Eye Exam
- Enter the desired information into the ID field.
- Select the Search button.
Use the Eye Exam Addr/Phone page to enter the examiner's address and phone data, and the date and type of eye exam administered.
- Enter the desired information into the Exam Date field.
- You will enter the date the exam was given. It defaults to the current system date, but can be changed if needed
- Select the Exam Type list and choose the desired item from the drop down menu.
- If you choose the exam type of Annual, the Next Exam field defaults to one year from the date specified in the Exam Date field
- Enter the desired information into the Physician ID field.
- If the physician who administered the exam exists in the database, you may use the magnifying glass icon to look up the corresponding Physician ID. After entering the correct ID, the name of the physician displays automatically
- If the ID number does not exist in the database, you can specify the name of the physician or the specialist who administered the exam in the Physician field
- Place your cursor into any field to refresh the page.
- If the physician exists in the database, their name and address information displays automatically
- If the physician does not exist in the database, select the Edit Address link to manually input their Address information
- Enter the desired information into the Phone field.
- Select the Exam Details tab.
Use the Exam Details page to enter eye exam details, including results, referrals, and comments.
The Far Sight and Near Sight boxes are use to specify the individual's corrected and uncorrected vision.
- In the Corrected field, you specify the individual's visual sharpness with corrective lenses
- In the Uncorrected field, you specify the visual sharpness level without corrective lenses
If you select the Baseline check box, it indicates that this exam is the baseline for tracking a person's visual sharpness over time.
If you select the Correction Required check box, it indicates that the individual requires lenses.
The Color Vision group box contains two option buttons:
- The Normal option is the default. This indicates that the individual has normal color perception.
- The Abnormal option should be selected if the individual does not perceive colors properly.
- Select the Referral list and choose the desired item from the drop down menu.
- If the individual needs to visit another specialist, you will choose the appropriate option (for example, Optometrist, Specialist)
- If the individual does not need to visit another specialist, you will choose the None Required option
- Use the Comments field to enter any desired information.
- Here is where you further identify or describe the results of this individual's exam
- Select the Save button.
- You have successfully recorded the details and results of an eye exam for an individual. To summarize, use the Eye Exam component to record and track details of a visual acuity exam, such as corrected vision, color vision, and the need for corrective lenses. End of Procedure.