9.2 Post a Student Transaction
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add a transaction to a student’s account in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials Staff
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Post Student Transaction
- Enter appropriate information in the Add a New Value tab of the Student Post page.
- Business Unit
- Student ID
- Enter or lookup and select the Account Type.
- Enter or lookup and select the Item Type number.
- Select the Add button.
- Enter an Amount for the item type.
- Enter the transaction Term.
- The reference number field is optional. This can be used to track the transaction.
- Enter Item Effective Date on which the transaction becomes active. The default is the current date.
- Enter Due Date.
The Due Date is needed for downstream processes, for example collections processing.
- Select the Post button to add the transaction to the student’s account.
Note: Beware of Pop Up Blocker - Your receipt is generated as a pop up.
- Select the Student Accounts link to verify the item type posted to the account.
- Select the Return link once account information has been verified.
- Select the New Transaction button to post a new transaction on the next student’s account.