9.2 Reviewing Financial Information in General Ledger
Purpose: Use this document to navigate to and review financial information in General Ledger.
Audience: Finance Staff/Administrators
Reviewing Financial Information in General Ledger
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > General Ledger > Review Financial Information > Ledger
Overview: in the General Ledger module there are several ways to create and review reports. The following allows for cumulative totals based on a selected criteria. It also has detail drill down capability.
- Select the Find an Existing Value or Add a New Value tab.
- Enter an Inquiry Name (Run ID).
- Select Search or Add. The Ledger Inquiry page will display.
- On the Ledger Inquiry page, enter the search criteria.
- Enter or look up Unit.
- Enter or look up Ledger.
- Enter or look up Fiscal Year.
- Enter or look up From Period and To Period.
- In the Chartfield Criteria section, up to fourteen criteria can be used. (Note to the right is the adjustment periods which can be added to the search).
- Select Save.
- Select Search. The Ledger Summary page will display.
- On the Ledger Summary page, the the Posted Total Amount (cumulative total for the criteria requested) is displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Detail link to drill down. The Ledger Details page will display.
- On the Ledger Details page, select the Activity link to further drill down. The Transaction Details page will display.
- On the Transaction Details page, select the Journal ID to further drill down to the original document. The Journal Inquiry Details page will display.
- On the Journal Inquiry Details page, use the links in the Go To section to navigate to other Journal Inquiry pages.
Summary: the General Ledger Review Financial Information can be used for cumulative totals of selected criteria, or for drilling down to specific detail.
- Process complete.