9.2 Creating a Requisition
Purpose: To create a requisition in ctcLink.
Audience: Purchasing staff.
A requisition is structured in ctcLink to streamline and expedite the entry of requisitions. The structure combined with the default hierarchy speeds up the process of entering data to create a requisition.
Requisitions consist of four basic elements: headers, lines, schedules, and distributions. Each requisition has one header, which can have multiple lines. Each line can have multiple schedules, and each schedule can have multiple distributions. The schedule defines when and where you want the line items delivered. The distribution defines internal information for the schedule, such as the way in which accounts and departments should be charged for the purchase and the total price each department should pay.
A requisition in ctcLink Purchasing can have one of five different statuses during its life cycle:
- Pending Approval
The Requisition page enables you to determine the defaults to use for creating requisitions. This page also enables you to enter item information, modify item lines as needed, establish schedules and distributions, and define internal delivery and accounting information.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions
The Requisitions search page displays.
- Enter the Business Unit.
- Enter the Requisition ID or leave defaulted at NEXT.
- Select the Add button. The Requisition page will display.
- From the Requisition page, the Requester field displays the ID of the person logged into the system and entering the requisition.
- Use the Requisition Date field to enter the creation date of the requisition. The field default value is the current system date, but you can change it.
- The Origin field provides information about the origin of the requisition. ONL means the requisition is being generated online.
- The Currency Code field displays the requisition transaction currency. This value is populated from the Requester Setup page by default.
- The value in the Accounting Date field determines the open period or allowable open date range for budget checking a requisition when you are using commitment control. If the requisition's accounting date falls before or after the open period date range, the system provides a message or warning to prevent you from running budget checking.
- Select the Add Comments link to enter comments for a transaction. You can enter a unique comment or select from predefined standard comments.
- Go to the Requisition Line subsection and select the Details tab. The Details tab will display.
- On the Details tab, In the Item field, enter the ID of the item that you want to order.
- If the item that you want to order does not have an item ID, you can choose to order the item by description only. To do this, enter item information in the Description field.
- Enter the desired information into the Quantity field.
- Enter the Category, if you choose to order the item by description only.
- Use the Unit of Measure field to enter a default unit of measure for the requisition.
- Go to Ship To/Due Date tab. The Ship To/Due Date tab will display.
- On the Ship To/Due Date tab, enter the desired information into the Due Date field.
- Use the Ship To field to enter the default location to where the supplier will ship the order. Ship to should default if based on the requester, but can be changed for each line item.
- Go to Supplier Information tab. The Supplier Information tab will display.
- You may get "Supplier item price is not available - use item standard price" message. If applicable, select the OK button to return to the Supplier Information tab.
- Enter the desired Supplier ID.
- Select the correct supplier location in the Location field. Supplier location will default in, but can be changed for each line item.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Select the Schedule Icon button to access the Schedule page, where you can view schedule shipment details and distribution information for each line item. The Schedule page will display.
- On the Schedule page, use the Attention To field to define the person to whom or place where the services or goods are to be. Field will display requester name by default but can be changed.
- Select the Distribution Icon button on right hand side. The Distribution Detail page will display.
- On the Distribution page, use the Distribute By list to select to distribute by either amount or quantity.
- Enter the desired information into the Percent field. The sum of the line distribution percentages must equal 100 percent.
- Enter the Distribution (ChartField) details.
- Go to the Details tab. The Details tab will display.
- On the Details tab within the Distributions subsection, enter the location. Location will be defaulted, but can be changed.
- Select the OK button. The Schedule page will display.
- On the Schedule page, select the Save button. The Requisition page will display.
- On the Requisitions page, from the Line subsection and on the Details tab, enter the desired information into the Price field.
- Select the Line Comments Icon button to access the Line Comments page. Use that page to maintain line comments.
- Select the Save button.
- Notice that the Requisition ID and Requisition Name fields have been updated with the new requisition values. The Status field displays the requisition status.
- Select the Budget Pre-Check icon to the right of "Budget Status".
- Select the tick mark link to the right of the Status field for Submit For Approval.
- The process to create a requisition is now complete. The Requisition is ready to be Approved and Budget Checked.
- End of procedure.