Overview of User Acceptance Testing
Not seeing information you need to be successful in UAT?
Please contact a member of the QA Team to request additions to the testing 'How To" content.
QA Team Contacts: Amy MacNeill (firstname.lastname@example.org), Anna Rankin (email@example.com) and Natalie Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What is User Acceptance Testing (UAT)?
User Acceptance Testing is an opportunity for users of the ctcLink system to test how the upgraded system will work by performing regular business functions from beginning to end in a test environment. User Acceptance Testing is organized into two four-week ‘Sprints’ where the focus is testing on specific business processes for a short period of time. Business processes span across different employee’s jobs and across departments. Users will be asked to test the system using their own scenarios that represent business conditions that occur as they go about their work today. College testers will be asked to work together, in a single location and will be remotely supported via WebEx by the ctcLink Project Testing and Training teams during their test activities. College testers will go through a morning training session at the start of each step in the test process and commence execution of the test in the afternoon. College testers will continue to test until the completion of the end-to-end test (referred to as the “high level flow”) of each set of business functions included in that “Sprint.”
Testing activities are supported Monday through Friday. Environment access cannot be guaranteed over weekends as maintenance activities are slated during those periods.
Please focus testing on the areas designated in each Sprint. Staging and security preparations go into the readiness of each Sprint test focus. Testing areas outside of sprint content may encounter access issues and will be supported when content for that sprint is the focus.
Below are links to materials and information to help our Subject Matter Experts participate in the testing experience:
- 01/07/2021 - Meeting Notes (cDR link)
- 01/07/2021 - Recording (Webex link)
- 12/17/2020 - Meeting Notes (cDR link)
- 12/17/2020 - Recording (Webex link)
- 12/10/2020 - Meeting Notes (cDR link)
- 12/10/2020 - Recording (Webex link)
- 12/03/2020 - Meeting Notes (cDR link)
- 11/19/2020 - Meeting Notes (cDR link)
- 11/19/2020 - Recording (Webex link)
- 11/12/2020 - Meeting Notes (cDR link)
- 11/12/2020 - Recording (Webex link)
- 11/05/2020 - Meeting Notes (cDR link)
- 11/05/2020 - Recording (Webex link)
- 10/29/2020 - Meeting Notes (cDR link)
- 10/29/2020 - Recording (Webex link)
DG4 UAT First Time Login Information
DG4 Daily UAT Webex Links- 9am-4pm Monday through Friday
DG4 ALL Pillar Weekly UAT Check-in Link - Thursdays 1:00-2:00pm
- Access the OTM Ticket System to Record Progress