9.2 Generate Pell Data
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to select students who have been awarded a Pell Grant to be sent to COD for origination using ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff
Generate Pell Data
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Financial Aid > File Management > COD Full Participant > Generate Pell Data
The COD Pell Grant Outbound search page displays.
- On the search page, enter an existing or new Run Control ID. The Pell Outbound page will display.
- On the Pell Outbound page, enter the Academic Institution.
- Enter the Aid Year - use the Aid Year in which you are processing.
- Enter SFA Common School ID (COD Entity ID)
- Select Schema Version (ex: Ver 4.0e) for 21/22, (Ver 4.0d) - for 20/21.
- Enter File Path and Name - Suggested file name CRAAxxIN.001 (where xx represents the aid year)
- Select the Pell Origination Outbound and Pell Disbursement Outbound check-boxes.
The Validate Only box can be checked when users would like to run and verify outcomes before processing in final mode. To proceed in final mode simply un-check the Validate Only box and run the process.
- Select the Run button. The Process Scheduler Request page will display.
- From the Process Scheduler Request page, select OK. The Pell Outbound page will display.
- On the Pell Outbound page, make note of the Process Instance number.
- Select the Process Monitor link. The Process List tab will display.
- On the Process List tab, select the Refresh button until the process runs to Success and Posted.
- Select the blue PELLOUT link under the Process Name column to review processing status. The Process Detail page will display.
- On the Process Detail page, select the FAPPLOUT to review processing outcomes.
- On the Process Detail page, select the Message Log link.
- The Message Log displays a variety of information. This shows number of records read, processed or skipped.
Other messages can include Disbursement or Enrollment issues. Student Empl ID’s will be displayed and will need to be reviewed.
- The process to generate PELL data is now complete.
- End of procedure.