9.2 Opening a Cashier's Office
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for opening cashiering for a business day in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff
Navigation: Student Financials > Cashiering > Cash Management > Open Offices
- Enter the Business Unit.
- Enter the Cashier’s Office.
- Select the Search button.
- Select the appropriate Cashier Office from the search options.
- Select the Current Business Date to open the cashiering office.
- ctcLink populates the current date however this can be changed if a prior date is required.
- Select the Open Cashier Office button to open the cashiering office.
- Select the Copy Registers and Cashiers button to copy information regarding the cashiers and registers from one business date to another.
- In the Registers field select the Register to open for the business day.
- If the Copy Registers and Cashiers button was selected, ctcLink copies registers and tender types from the copied business day; but each register needs to be opened.
- If necessary, select the Open Registers tab to enter the Tender Keys assigned to this register.
- To add multiple tender types, use the (+) to add a row.
- If the register has a beginning cash balance, enter the dollar amount in the Opening Balance field.
- Enter additional Tender Keys.
- Select the Open check box ONLY AFTER entering additional Tender Keys and any Opening Balance.
- Select the Open Cashiers tab.
- Enter, search for, or select the ID of the cashier to open. Select the View All link to see available cashiers that were copied or enter a new one.
- Select the Register for this cashier to use. Only registers opened on the Open Registers page are available.
- Select the Open check box.
- Select Tender Key(s) for the cashier adding multiple by selecting the (+) to add a new row for each tender key. The Opening Balance is only used with the Open Registers tab.
- After all cashiers have been added, select the Save button.