9.2 Adding a Course Fee Via Student Financials
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add a course fee in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff
Add a Course Fee
Navigation: Navigator > Set Up SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Course and Class Fees > Course Fees
- The Course Fees page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter SetID.
- Enter Course ID to find the Course ID.
- Select Add.
- The Course Fees tab page displays.
- Input the Term code for the term the fee should apply.
- Choose the Charge Method.
- Most courses should remain with the 'Always' default.
- If the class should not charge tuition select 'Not include in term tuition' from the drop down menu.
- Select Include in Pro-rata.
- Select Include in other Withdrawal.
- The Course Sub-Fees tab page is displayed below.
- Select an Account Type. Refer to your institution's business practices to determine the account type.
- Item Type is the accounting code for the fee being charged. Refer to your institution's business practices to determine the item type code to be used for specific courses.
- Fee Trigger: Always select 'Use Criteria'.
- Fee Amount Equation: Leave blank.
- Fee Amount fields: Fees should be charged as a Flat Amount only.
- Minimum Amount/Maximum Amount: These fields only apply to this class section and would only be used if charging per unit. Do not use.
- Adjustment Code: 'STD' (Standard).
- Due Date Code: 'STD' (Standard).
- Waiver Group: Please contact your student financial office regarding which Waiver Groups to use as they are college specific.
- Select [+] to add additional fees.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.