9.2 Adding Locations in HRMS and the Campus Table
Purpose:Use this document as a reference for how to add locations in HRMS and to the Campus Table in ctcLink
Audience: Course schedulers and room schedulers
Adding Locations in Set Up HRMS
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up Common Objects > Foundation Tables > Organization > Location
Locations must be defined and set up in HRMS and then attached to the Campus in the Campus Table. Locations are a required field in the Facility Table. The system displays only the values that you list in the Campus Table.
- The Location search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter SetID.
- Enter Location Code. Choose an alpha-numeric value from 1 to 5 characters, e.g. "MAINL" for main location.
- Select Add.
- The Location Address tab displays.
- Enter Effective Date.
- Enter Status.
- Enter Description.
- Enter Short Description.
- Select Save.
Adding Locations to the Campus Table
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Academic Structure > Campus Table
After Location codes have been added to the Location Table in HRMS, they need to be attached to the campus via the Campus Table. Locations must be added to the Campus Table to be available for setting up courses or scheduling classes.
- The Campus Table search page displays.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Select Search.
- The Campus Table page displays.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select Include History at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Scroll back to the top of the page, then select the Add a New Row [+] icon at the top of the page.
- Enter an Effective Date for the changes
- Select the Add a New Row [+] icon next to one of the existing Location records in the Valid Campus Locations box to add a new record.
- Use the magnifying glass to Select the Location you just added in HRMS from the Look Up Table.
- To save time, set up all locations on the location table first. Then attach all new locations to the Campus by adding additional records, (using the + sign,) without leaving the page.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.