9.2 Process PLUS Loan Refunds for Parents
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to process PLUS loans for parents in ctcLink
Audience: Student Financials staff
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Student Financials > Refunds > Process Batch Refunds > Create Refunds
- The Create Refunds run control ID search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Run Control ID.
- Select Add.
- The Batch Refund tab displays.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter Refund Method = "A" (Accounts Payable).
- Enter Run Option 1 = "Individual Only".
- Enter Run Option 2 = "Financial Aid Only".
- Enter Sponsor Refund Option = "Individual Sponsors".
- Enter Refund Item Type.
- Enter Address Usage, which is the ctcLink mailing address for the refund.
- Option: Check the Report Only checkbox to generate a refund report only before processing the refunds.
- Select the Academic Programs tab.
- The Academic Programs tab displays.
- Check the All Programs checkbox.
- Select the Accounts/Terms tab.
- The Accounts/Terms tab displays.
- Check the All Accounts checkbox.
- Enter or select a specific Term or check the All Terms checkbox. If the batch refunding process runs longer than usual, uncheck the All Terms box and use a specific term code instead.
- Select the Item Types tab.
- The Item Types tab displays.
- Enter specific Item Types for PLUS loans you wish to refund. Use the lookup if you do not know the item types.
- Select Save.
- Select Run. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for further instructions.
- Select the Check Batch Refunds link to access the Batch Refunds Lines page and view created refunds.
- Select the Batch Refund Messages link to access the Review Batch Messages page and view any warnings or errors encountered during the process.
- Select the Process Monitor link to review the status of the refund process.
- Continue with the AP Refund Interface Process to send the information to Finance to print the check.
- Process complete.