9.2 Entering Service Step Table Information
Purpose: Use this document on how to enter Service Step Table information within ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrator
When you set up savings plans you can define your organization's employer match according to the employee's years of service. The Service Step Table defines the different intervals, tax classification, and the amount of match.
You can also define deduction classifications based on either a percentage of the employee’s gross salary or a percentage of the employee’s contribution amount.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Base Benefits > Rates and Rules > Service Step Table
- On the Add a New Value tab, in the Service Step Table ID field, enter a valid value.
- Select the Add button. The Service Step Table will display.
- Use the Service Step Table page to enter services step table information that links the rate of employer matching contributions to an employee's length of service.
- The Effective Date field displays the date from which the service step information is valid. In the Description field, enter a valid value.
- Enter a valid value After Months of Service. Use the After Months of Service field to enter the number of months the employee must be employed to receive the employer match.
- Use the Deduction Class field to enter the tax classification for this match.
- Select the After Tax list item.
- Enter the desired information into the Up to % of Employee Earnings field.
- Enter the desired information into the % of Employee Investment field.
- Select the Add a New Row button.
- Enter the desired information into the % of Employee Earnings field.
- Enter a valid value in the % of Employee Investment field.
- Select Save.
- The process for entering service set table information is now complete.
- End of procedure.