9.2 Creating a Purchase Order for an Asset
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating a purchase order for an asset in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager
ctcLink Asset Management can interface with other ctcLink products to exchange information efficiently. For example, you can use Purchasing to create a purchase order for an asset and later add the asset from the existing purchase order and receipt.
See also the QRG in the Purchasing manual titled Creating Purchase Orders Online.
Creating a Purchase Order for an Asset
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs
- The Purchase Order search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Unless your business processes tell you differently, leave “NEXT” in the PO ID field.
- Select Add.
- The Purchase Order page displays.
- Enter Supplier ID.
- If you need to, you can change the Buyer in the Buyer field. If you do change the buyer, you will get a warning message, “that doing so will change the default ShipTo ID, etc. continue to retrofit the default values?” Select OK to continue.
- Enter Item.
- Enter PO Qty.
- Enter UOM.
- Enter Price.
- Select the Schedule icon.
- The Schedules page displays.
- Ensure that ship-to locations are correct, due dates, comments, sales/use tax, miscellaneous charges, price adjustments, and multiple distributions per schedule within a purchase order line.
- Select the Distributions/ChartFields icon.
- The Distributions page displays.
- Select the Asset Information tab.
- The Asset Information tab displays. Use it to identify the business unit and the profile ID.
- Enter AM Unit.
- Enter Profile ID.
- Select OK.
- Select Save.
- Select Return to Main Page.
- The updated Schedules page displays.
- Note that PO ID has been assigned.
- After the PO is budget-checked and approved, the Dispatch button will become active and you can use it to print, email, fax, etc. the PO.
- Process complete.