9.2 Posting a Manual Journal Entry
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to post a manually created journal entry that is already in posting status with Posting status of V and Budget status of V.
Audience: Financial Staff
Posting a Manual Journal Entry
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > General Ledger > Journals > Journal Entry > Create/Update Journal Entries
Note: This is referring to when a journal is already created. The following is also assuming the journal has been submitted for approval if that is a business practice of the college. The below example might be after a supervisor receives a journal and is ready to post.
- The Create/Update Journal Entries search page displays.
- Select the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter additional Search Criteria to identify your journal.
- Select Search.
- The Header tab displays.
- If review is necessary, select each of the remaining tabs - Lines, Totals, Errors, or Approval.
- When ready to to post, select the Lines tab.
- The Lines tab displays.
- If there are no errors and the Journal Status = "V" and the Budget Status = "V", go to the Process drop down menu and select "Post Journal".
- Select Process.
- After the process is complete, the Journal Status will be "P" and Budget Status will be "V".
- Process complete.