9.2 Adding a New Department to ChartField Definitions
Purpose: Use this document to add departments for colleges.
Audience: Finance staff
Adding a New Department to ChartField Definitions
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design ChartFields > Define Values > ChartField Values.
Caution: If a department is just started as of 7/1/xx, the Department must have a start date of 1/1/19 that is inactive, and an active date of 7/1/xx. If the current date is used, various trees and reports may not contain the departments as they will be outside of its criteria’s scope.
- The ChartField Values page displays.
- Select the Department link.
- The Department search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter SetID.
- Select Add.
- The Department page displays.
- Enter the Effective Date, Status = "Active", Description, Short Description, and Manager ID.
- Select Save.
- Select the Add a New Value [+] icon to create another record. This new record starts with the date of 1/1/1901 and has the same detail as the prior record.
NOTE: the beginning date is usually not the date of input. For instance, the beginning of a fiscal year would be most common and thus begin with 7/1/xxxx. As mentioned before, you must have a start date of 1/1/1901 and inactive up to the date of starting the new department
- Process complete.