General Ledger Account List
Purpose: The following provides the steps to view the active General Ledger Accounts or Chart of Accounts (COA) in ctcLink.
Audience: Everyone within ctcLink.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
- The Query Viewer page displays.
- Ensure that Query Name is selected from the *Search By drop down menu. Enter the query QFS_GL_ACCOUNT_TBL_ACTIVE into the "begins with" field.
- Select the Search button.
- The query results will display.
Select the link Add to Favorites to add this query onto your own favorites list.
- Select Run to HTML, Excel or XML to display query results.
- For this example, the Run to HTML was selected and the query results display on the page. Note the total number of Accounts. As new accounts are added/modified/archived, the query will be updated to reflect changes.
- Select the desired link from the Download results in options from the upper left area of the results page:
- Excel SpreadSheet
- CSV Text File
- XML File
Note: all Active Accounts in ctcLink will display with the following fields/values:
- SetID = WACTC (Accounts are Global and maintained by SBCTC).
- Account = Each General Ledger Account has 7 digits.
- Effective Date = Date the Account was activated.
- Status as Effective Date = Active (excludes old COA).
- Description = Long description displayed.
- Short Description = Short description displayed.
- Account Type = Short Account Type Description.
- Account Type Description = Long Account Type Description: A - Assets, E - Expenses, L - Liabilities, R - Revenue, Q - Equity.
- Bud. Only = Y or N (Budgetary Accounts Only. Note: only N or non-budgetary accounts can be used for Accounting Transactions).
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to General Ledger Account List. This link will open in a new tab/window.