9.2 Unposting Journals
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to unpost journals from the General Ledger in ctcLink
Audience: Financial Staff
Perform this procedure when you are required to unpost a journal from the General Ledger.
Prerequisite: Before you can upost journals to the General Ledger, you must mark them for unposting. Marking a journals for unposting indicates that the journal entries should be included in any posting request that is pending for which the journals meet the specified criteria. You can exclude certain journals from unposting until you review and approve them.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Mark Journals for Unposting
Marking a Journal for Unposting
- The Mark Journals for Unposting page displays. It enables you to select journals for subsequent unposting. Select or enter search criteria for the following required fields:
- Unit (business unit)
- Ledger Group
- Year (accounting year)
- Enter additional search criteria as needed
Note: You can use a wildcard (%) in the Unit, Source, and Journal ID fields to return all values.
- Select Search.
- In the Select Journals to Unpost grid, mark the desired journals for unposting.
- Select Unpost Selected Journals.
- Select OK to acknowledge the message that selected journals will be unposted.
When you click the Unpost Selected Journals link, then click OK in the message, the system will automatically transfer to a Post Journals Request run control pre-populated with all the necessary parameters to unpost the selected journal(s).
Running the Unposting Process
- The Post Journals Request page displays. Use it to specify which journals you want to unpost based on business unit, ledger group, accounting period/fiscal year, source, journal ID, and journal date. You can run the Journal Post process for all business units. When you run the posting process, the system unposts only those journals that fit the request criteria and are marked to unpost.
Note: The system populates the Process Request Parameters region based on the selections made on the Mark Journals for Unposting page.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Use it to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
You can leave the Server Name blank if desired.
- Select OK.
Note: A process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears. The updated Post Journals Request page displays. Note the Process Instance number. Select Process Monitor, then refer to the Process Monitor QRG for instructions.
- Verify that the journal(s) posted by scrolling to the bottom of the log file. Refer to the Process Monitor QRG for instructions.
- End of process.