9.2 Modifying an Award Project Budget
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for modifying an award project budget in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
Modifying an Award Project Budget
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Grants > Awards > Project Budgets
- On the Project Budgets search page, use the Find an Existing Value tab to search for a project.
- Enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the project number of the project to modify the budget for in the Project field.
- Select Search.
- Use the Budget Detail page to enter/modify the project budget.
- Review the current budget line items.
- Select the Add a new row [+] icon at the end of the row to create a new budget line for this project.
Note: Make sure that the Analysis Type value for the new budget row is ‘BUD.’
- Enter the Budget details for the new line:
- Enter or select the appropriate account in the Account field.
- Enter or select the appropriate department in the Department field.
- Enter or select the appropriate project activity in the Activity field.
- Enter or select the appropriate project item in the Budget Item field.
- Enter the quantity in the Quantity field.
- Select the Commitment Control Detail tab.
- Use the Commitment Control Detail tab to display the ledger and ledger group that the system uses to book the budget journals. This tab also displays the Commitment Control Status and once posted, the Journal ID creating the budget. The Commitment Control Status should be set to ‘None’ until the Finalize button is used and then it should change to ‘Distributed’ and a Journal ID number appears on the row.
- Select Save.
- Select Finalize. The system finalizes the plan by picking up the rows only for a budget period and not the entire plan, as in Project Costing.
- A message window displays. Read it.
- Select OK.
- The message window disappears.
- Select Process Monitor.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for instructions.
Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’
- Process complete.