Modifying CRC or FPC Grant Award End Dates
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to modify or extend the End Date of a Cost Reimbursable Contract (CRC or As Incurred) or Fixed Price Contract (FPC) Grant Awards (also known as a No Cost Extension) in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance/Grant Fiscal Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Awards Processing
- ZD Grants-Contracts Inq
- ZZ Awards Processing
- ZZ Grants-Contracts Reports
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Modifying CRC or FPC Grant Award End Dates
Navigation: Grants > Awards > Modify End Dates
Please Note: In order to maintain balance between the Grant-side and Contract-side of an Award, the End Date must be updated on all four sets of tables; Contract lines, Associated Projects & Activities, Award Funding and Award Modifications. Once this process is completed, please submit a Service Ticket to request your project's End Date be updated in Commitment Control.
- The Modify End Dates search page will display. Enter or look up the Business Unit.
- Enter or look up the Award ID or Project Number.
- Select Search.
- The Search Results will display below. Select the Results.
- The Modify End Dates page will display. Review the Award's five tables with listed End Dates.
If you have multiple lines in various sections, i.e. Associated Projects & Activities, be sure to select the View All link to be able to select all lines.
- For each section, select the individual checkbox(es) or the 'Select All Lines' link to all the corresponding tables to update the End Dates:
- Select the checkbox or 'Select All Lines' link for Contract Lines.
- Select the checkbox or 'Select All Projects/Activities' link for all Associated Projects & Activities.
- Select the checkbox or 'Select Funding Period' link for Award Funding.
- Select the checkbox or 'Select Modification Period' link for Award Modifications. Optional to add the Reference Award Number.
- Select the checkbox or 'Select Team Schedule' link for Project Team Members.
Optional to select the Clear All Lines link if need to reset or uncheck lines.
- At the end of the page, in the Copy End Dates Section, enter or select the desired New End Date, i.e. 09/30/2023.
- Select the Copy New End Date button. Note the sections will update to the new end date.
- Select the Save button.
- The Process Instance message window displays. Select the OK button.
Upon saving, a message will alert you to a new process (GM_PRJ_KKUPD) that will run automatically to update the commitment control end date in the ACT_KK and DETAIL_KK ledger groups. You must still submit a service desk ticket to have SBCTC adjust the commitment control end date in the PROJECT_KK ledger group.
- In the Associated Projects & Activities section, select the Commitment Control tab.
- Note the updated Project End Date(s) and the Commitment Control End Date is unchanged.
Upon saving your page, the Contract Lines, Associated Projects & Activities, and Award Modifications will be updated to reflect the New End Date. However notice the Award Funding's date has remained the same. The Commitment Control End Date will need to be changed by SBCTC. You can check your commitment control dates by selecting the Commitment Control tab in the Associated Projects & Activities section of the page.
- Review your Award ID changes to confirm it has updated to the new end date, i.e. 09/30/2023.
Even though the End Dates were updated, please submit a Service Desk Ticket to extend the end date in Commitment Control.
- Submit a service desk ticket to update the KK dates (using Request Type: ctcLink Support > Finance > Grants) requesting the Project end date be extended in Commitment Control. Please include the name of the Grant Name, Project ID, and new End Date.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Modifying CRC or FPC Grant Award End Dates. This link will open in a new tab/window.