9.2 Copying a Requisition
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for copying a requisition in ctcLink.
Audience: ctcLink faculty and staff with a need to purchase goods or services
Copy a Requisition
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions
One of the easiest ways to create a new purchasing requisition in ctcLink is to copy an existing one. You can select an existing requisition to copy regardless of its status.
- The Requisitions search page displays. Select Add a New Value tab to create a new value.
- If it didn’t populate, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Leave the default value of NEXT in the Requisition ID field.
- Select Add.
- The Requisition page displays. Select Copy From.
- The Copy Requisition page displays. Use the Header section to mix and match search criteria to locate a requisition to copy. Some possibilities include:
- Enter or select the Requisition number in the Requisition ID field. Note: If an entry is made in this field, there is no value in entering any other search criteria. Simply proceed to step f - select Search.
- Enter or select a status in Req Status.
- To display only those requisitions you created, enter or select your name in either Requester Name or Requester.
- To display only those requisitions for a specific supplier, enter or select the supplier in either Supplier ID or Supplier Name.
- Enter or select the appropriate department in Department.
- Select Search.
- The updated Copy Requisition page displays. The qualifying requisitions will show in the Requisition section. Select the Sel box of the requisition you want to copy, then select OK.
Note: If you want to preview a requisition before copying it you can select the hyperlinked Requisition ID.
- The requisition lines from the copy source are copied into your new requisition. The header information of your requisition is unaffected.
- Review the requisition line(s) carefully. If you copy a requisition line that has a value for Due Date (for example), it might be several years old. The line might have now-inappropriate comments. It is your responsibility to ensure the validity of the data.
- Add additional lines or remove lines as needed using the Add multiple new rows [ + ] and Delete rows [ - ]buttons at the end of each requisition line.
- When finished updating the new requisition, select Save. The updated Requisition page displays. Note that your requisition has been assigned a unique Requisition ID that can be used to identify it.
- When you are satisfied with the requisition, submit it for approval by selecting Submit for Approval.
- The Status of the Requisition will change from ‘Open’ to ‘Pending’ (approval).
- Process complete.