9.2 Adding Direct Deposit Account via Employee Self Service
Purpose: Use this document to enter US direct deposit information for payroll processing in ctcLink.
NOTE: One of the bank accounts needs to be set up as Deposit Type of Remaining Balance.
In the case of multiple accounts, the remaining funds will be automatically paid to the Remaining Balance account.
To add a direct deposit transaction, the employee will enter:
- Payment method
- Bank and account information
- Deposit type (amount or percent) and the value
- Select the Payroll tile on the Employee Self Service home page.
- Select the Direct Deposit tab from the Payroll navigation collection on the left of the screen.
- On the Direct Deposit page, you can view the list of your existing direct deposit accounts with details. Select the plus icon to add account.
The Add Account page displays. Enter the following:
- Nickname: Enter a unique account name for each direct deposit entry.
- Payment Method: (has been set to Direct Deposit)
- Routing Number: Enter the routing number. The system validates the Bank Routing Number). Select the information icon to view sample checks with routing number format.
- Account Number and Retype Account Number: Enter the bank account number for the checking or savings account into which you want the money deposited.
- Pay Distribution: Enter pay distribution information.
- Account Type: Select the account type. Valid values will be Checking or Savings.
- Deposit Type: Select the deposit type. Valid values to choose from are Amount, Percent or Remaining Balance.
NOTE: One of your accounts needs to be set up as Deposit Type of Remaining Balance. In the case of multiple accounts, the remaining funds will be automatically paid to the Remaining Balance account.
- Amount: Select this option if a fixed dollar amount should be deposited in this account.
- Percent: Select this option if a specific percentage of your net pay should be deposited in this account.
- Remaining Balance: Select this option if the balance of your pay is to be deposited in this account.
- Select Save. Once Save is selected, a new direct deposit account is created and you will be routed to the Direct Deposit page.