9.2 Manually Setting up Recurrences for Jobs
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for setting up a recurrence for a process
Access to job recurrences are limited and assigned by local ctcLink security administrators.
Set Up Recurrence
Navigation: May vary depending on process being scheduled--the Wait List Process is used in the below example.
- Enter information of all parameters (or use look up icon for lists of options).
- Select the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page will display.
- In the Recurrence field, from the drop-down list, select the desired recurrence pattern.
Select an appropriate time for your business needs. For example, if applications are matriculated daily, based on your college's local business needs, a recurrence internal time of M-F @ 5:30PM can be selected. When selecting a particular time, processing capacity should be taken into consideration.
- Once an appropriate time has been selected, update the Run Date to the current date by selecting the Current Date link.
- Select OK.
It is very important to ensure that the run date has been updated to the current date.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
- The Process Monitor page will display.
- The green circular arrow icon indicates the process has been set up for recurrence. In this example, the recurrence process was for the Wait List.
Update a Recurring Process
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator >PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Process Monitor
- To stop or hold a recurring process, select the green circular arrow icon on the Process Monitor page located between the Process Name and User column.
- By selecting the circular green arrow, the Recurring Process/Job page displays.
- Hold: Suspends the initiation and recurrence of the currently queued request
- Stop: Halts the current request from recurring a new request
- Restart: Resumes activity for the last request based on the last action selected
- Additional process details can be viewed and updated by selecting the Details link located in the Details column under the Process List section.
- The Process Detail page displays.
- Instance: This is the instance number for when this process ran
- Type: This is the type of process that ran
- Name: This is the name of the process that ran
- Description: This is the description of the process that ran
- Run Status: This is the status of how the process ran (refer to table above for run status definitions)
- Run Control ID: This shows the users run control that they used to run the process
- Location: Server location
- Server: Server name
- Recurrence: The recurrence name if this process is on a recurring schedule
- Update Process
- Request Choices: Hold, Queue, Cancel, Delete, Re-send or Re-start
- This section tells you when the process was created, when it could start running as well as the beginning and ending time that the process ran
- In the Actions section there are links that lead you to more information about the process that can help inform you about what has occurred with the process
- Process complete.