9.2 Closing a Cashier's Office
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for closing a cashier's session in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff and Cashier's Office Staff
Navigation: Main Menu > Student Financials > Cashiering > Balance by Business Day > Review Tender By Cashier or Review Tender by Register
- Enter or Lookup Cashier Office Date.
- Select the Search button.
- Reconcile system balance against cashier drawer, credit/debit card machine, etc.
Use this query to find transactions that were entered incorrectly. Only transactions with errors will be returned.
Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
- Enter query name = QCS_SF_DEPT_RECEIPTS_GL.
- Select the Search button.
- Select the desired format for which to "Run" the query (usually Excel).
- Enter the From and To Business Dates.
- Review the output for any outstanding items.
- Correct all outstanding items. (9.2 Voiding Receipts)
It is important to run the Cashiering GL process after having processed through the first two tabs (Close Registers & Close Cashiers,) but prior to completing the third tab (Close Offices.)
Navigation: Student Financials > Cashiering > Cash Management > Close Offices
- Enter the Business Unit and select the Search button.
- Select the Cashier’s Office from the search results.
- On the Close Registers tab, select the Close check box on the Close Registers tab. Repeat this step if you have multiple registers open.
- On the Close Cashier tab, enter the Closing Balance for each tender. (Be sure to include your opening balance in this amount) and then select the Close check box.
- Select the Close check box.
- Select the SAVE button.
Select the Save button and then the Close Offices tab, but do not complete yet...instead, select the New Window link and follow the Cashiering GL processes listed below. Once that process has completed, select Return to Search and then the Close Cashiers tab.
Running and Reviewing Cashiering GL
Navigation: Student Financials > GL Interface > Generate Cashiering Entries
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or select the Add a New Value tab and create a new one.
- Select the Search button (or Add if on the Add a New Value tab).
- Enter the Business Unit.
- Enter the Cashier’s Office.
- Enter or select the Business Date.
- Enter the Journal Template of SFC/GL.
- Select the Run button to begin the process.
- Ensure that the process has completed to success.
After the Cashiering GL Interface process has finished, it is time to select the Return to Search button and then select the Close Offices tab to complete by selecting the Close Office button.
Select the Close check box on the Close Cashier tab. Repeat this step, if you have multiple cashiers open.
Select the View All hyperlink to see all cashiers assigned to the register.
The below message will appear if Generate Cashiering Entries hasn't completed/been processed.