9.2 Post a Departmental Receipt
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for generating a department receipt in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials Staff
Navigation: Student Financials > Cashiering > Collect Department Receipts
Department Receipts should only be created with a single target and tender entry due to fund balancing requirements. If multiple lines are created, i.e. multiple GL entries, these should be created as individual department receipts. Optionally, use the Reference Nbr field to enter the linked department receipts number.
- Enter the Business Unit and the Cashiers Office. ctcLink will auto-assign the Receipt Number, leave as default.
- Select the Add button.
- Enter a Reference Number (optional).
- In the Target Detail section, enter the Amount.
- In the Target Detail section, enter what the payment is for, using either the Speed Type field or the Chartfields (select the Chartfields Link to open)
- Select the SpeedType link to select from a list.
- Select the word link Chartfields to type in the necessary highlighted accounting data.
- In Tender Detail enter the Amount again. The other fields are optional.
- Select the Create and Print Receipt button.
- Select the New Transaction button to process another department receipt.
Navigate to Student Financials > Cashiering > Review Department Receipts to search for and review receipts.