9.2 Adding a Class Fee Via Student Financials
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add a class fee in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff
Add a Class Fee
Navigation: Navigator > Set Up SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Course and Class Fees > Class Fees
- The Class Fees search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter SetID.
- Enter Course ID.
- Select Add.
- The Class Fees tab displays.
- Enter Offer Number.
- Enter Term.
- Enter Session.
- Enter Section.
- Enter Component.
- Enter Charge Method: should remain with the "Always" default to charge the student the class fee in additional to tuition. If the only the class fee should be charged, select Not Include in term tuition from the drop down menu.
- Charge for Wait Listed Class: class fee is to be charged to a wait listed student.
- Charge for Course Fee: charge course fees in addition to class fees. If you do not select this check box, class fee definitions override course fee definitions for the same class.
- Include in Pro-rata: class fee is included in pro rata refund calculations.
- Include in other Withdrawal: include this fee in other withdrawal calculations.
- Select the Class Sub Fees tab.
- The Class Sub Fees tab displays.
- Enter Account Type.
- Enter Item Type.
- Fee Trigger: Always select "Use Criteria".
- Fee Amount Equation: Leave blank.
- Fee Amount fields: Fees should be charged as a flat amount only.
- Min/Max Amounts: These fields only apply to this class section and would only be used if charging per unit.
- Adjustment Code: "STD" (Standard).
- Due Date Code: "STD" (Standard).
- Waiver Group: Please contact your student financial office regarding which Waiver Groups to use as they are college specific.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] icon to add additional fees.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.