9.2 Post a Corporate Payment (Non-Cashier)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to post and view non-cashier Corporate/Third-Party payment for a student in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Accounts Staff
Post a Corporate/Third-Party Payment
Navigation: Navigator > Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Post Corporation Transaction
The Corporate Post search page displays.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter the External Org ID.
- Select Account Type = "TPC".
- Enter the payment Item Type.
- Select Add.
The Corporate Post page displays above.
- Enter the Amount and the Term.
- Enter additional information in the Reference Number is an optional field.
- Uncheck the Use Excess Acct box.
- Select the Third Party Information link.
Connect the payment to the student/contract.
- Choose Select Students to Pay
- Select the looking glass beneath the ID field (image below) and choose the student the payment is associated.
- Enter the Pay Term associated with the payment.
- Select OK.
- Select the Post button to conclude the transaction.
If you have a payment for more than one student, use the + button to add more lines. For example, you receive a payment for 5 students. You will post 5 corporate transactions.
Verify Payments on the Corporate Account
Navigation: Navigator > Student Financials > View Corporate Accounts
Use this page to verify the student's balance was paid.
- The Corporate Accounts search page displays.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter External Org ID.
- Select Search..
The Corporate Account is similar to the student's Customer Account. You can drill down into various terms and account types to find information pertaining to the Corporate Account.
- The Corporate Accounts page displays.
- Select Account Details for the term in which you would like to verify payment.
- The pop up window asking for Contract Number and Contract ID is optional information. You can input the information, if available. If not, select OK and it will take you to the account details page.
- The Account Details page displays. It will show you the form of payment and the student's balance, if any remains. You can drill down once more by selecting Item Details to see more information about the payment transaction.
- The Payment Line Details page displays. Note the footprint of our $7000.00 Third Party Payment.
- Process complete.